NEW BLOG FEATURE

NEW: VIEW RIGHT SIDE TAB AND SELECT
CITY FOR TASTE OF HAWAII FAVORITES!

Saturday, February 2, 2013

CHICKEN MARSALA - DINNER AT HOME

 CHICKEN MARSALA
DINNER AT HOME

The best thing about a business trip is coming home to my girls.  While I love to enjoy steakhouses and great restaurants while on the road, there is no place I would rather be than home cooking for the two loves of my life.  We have a thing about using only what we have in the refrigerator so we do not go to the store and spend money.  I usually look in the freezer first to see what is available.  After eating steaks and beef for a week straight I wanted fish or chicken.  Found some boneless skinless chicken breasts and then went to the computer and logged onto epicurious.com    This is a great website where you can enter key ingredients and it will provide recipes and rate them by user reviews.  I plugged in Chicken Breasts and started my search.  There was a five star rating on Chicken Marsala.  I pulled up the recipe and saw that we had the main ingredients.  Chicken Breasts, mushrooms, butter, shallots, cream and chicken stock.  Only thing we did not have was fresh sage so I substituted dry sage we had in the pantry.  This was a really simple recipe.  Sauteed the shallots in butter and added the mushrooms and a little bit of sage.  Reduced chicken stock in a saucepan and set aside.  Cut the chicken breasts in half and pounded them to about 1/4" thickness.  Then coated them in seasoned flour.  Cooked them in butter and olive oil for about two minutes on each side and then placed in a oven safe dish.  Added Marsala Wine to the stock along with some heavy creme and the shallots and mushrooms.  Heated all this up until it thickened.  Poured the sauce over the chicken and placed in oven set a 200 degrees.  Let the dish warm as I cooked up some Fettuccine pasta.  When the pasta was cooked I topped the pasta with the chicken and sauce.  This dish was top notch and as good as any Italian restaurant.  Love it!

CHICKEN MARSALA
THIS WAS A GREAT DISH THAT THE ENTIRE FAMILY LOVED

1 comment:

Please leave your comments and feedback